Some people can’t imagine doing what we do. We can’t imagine not doing it.
To apply for any open position, please complete the Employment Application and return with your resume by email to email@example.com, fax at (916) 442-1861, or mail to: Human Resources, 3434 Marconi Ave, Sacramento, CA 95821.
If you are a current employee at Volunteers of America Northern California & Northern Nevada, send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you apply and receive an interview, you must notify your current manager in advance of the interview meeting.
Greater Sacramento Area, CA
- Case Manager(s) - Rapid Re-Housing, Sacramento, CA (posted 11/6/20) open until filled
- Child Care Coordinator (Part-Time) - Greenbriar, Sacramento, CA (posted 9/24/20) open until filled
- Cook - Central Kitchen, Sacramento, CA (posted 5/12/21) open until filled
- Housing Services Specialist - Rapid Re-Housing, Sacramento CA (posted 11/6/20) open until filled
- Shift Monitor - Options Residential, Sacramento, CA (posted 2/12/21) open until filled
- Support Staff, Shift Monitor, Greater Sacramento Area (posted 11/4/19) continuous posting
- Temporary Housing Services Specialist - RRH, Placer County, CA (posted 5/13/21) open until filled
Santa Cruz, CA
- Administrative Assistant - East Cliff, Santa Cruz, CA (posted 4/9/21) open until filled
- Assistant Program Manager - Reno Shelter, Reno, NV (posted 5/7/21) open until filled
- Case Managers (2) - Reno Shelters, Reno, NV (posted 1/15/21) open until filled
- Housing Specialist (1) - Reno ReStart, Reno, NV (posted 3/22/21) open until filled
- Housekeeping Attendants (several) - Nevada Cares Campus, Reno, NV (posted 4/21/21) open until filled
- Outreach Monitor-Reno Outreach, Reno, NV (posted 7/14/20) continuous posting
- Receptionist-Reno ReStart, Reno, NV (posted 5/17/21) open until filled
- Support Staff- Nevada Cares Campus, Reno, NV continuous posting
The majority of our programs operate seven days a week, 24 hours a day allowing employees opportunities to work different shifts in different areas of service. Volunteers of America offers full-time employees a competitive salary and benefit package that includes health, dental, vision, life and short term disability insurance coverage.
Volunteers of America's policy is to fill every position without regard to race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Please click on the following links to view mandatory postings:
California Family Rights Act (CFRA), New Parent Leave Act (NPLA), & Pregnancy Disability Leave (PDL) poster (Note: Volunteers of America does not participate in unemployment insurance, therefore our employees may not be eligible for NPLA leave)
- Human Resources
- Phone: (916) 265-3400
- Fax: (916) 442-1861