Fill a Backpack
Every new backpack filled with supplies you donate helps a local student in need.
Operation Backpack supports youth living in shelters, transitional housing and foster youth throughout Northern California. Follow the steps below, and know that every filled backpack is one more life changed. These lists are based on consultation with regional schools to make sure students have all the tools they need for the appropriate grade level.
You'll be helping kids in no time:
(Check back in June for our 2020 Operation Backpack dates and drop-off locations.)
1. Download the Supply Lists for elementary school (K-6th) and middle/high school (7-12th).
2. Go to the store to get a new backpack and school supplies.
3. Fill the backpack with the requested grade-specific supplies.
4. Fill out your contact information and place the school supply list inside your backpack.
5. Locate your nearest Drop Location to donate.
6. Don't forget to post a photo and encourage others to get involved on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using #VOAncnn #OperationBackpack