Veteran Housing

Do you know a homeless Veteran? Please call (916) 228-3153

Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)

Funded by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, the Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program provides supportive services to very low-income Veteran families living in or transitioning to permanent housing. The program offers eligible Veterans and their families:

  • Case management                   
  • Transportation services            
  • Benefits claims          
  • Child care services 
  • Rental assistance
  • Resource & Referral

For more information on monthly income guidelines and making an appointment view our veteran's services brochure.

Affordable Housing for Veteran Families (Bell Street)

Every veteran deserves a place to call home. At Volunteers of America, we offer a flexible continuum of housing and supportive services to individual veterans and veterans with families.

VOA's Bell Street Apartments provide affordable housing to Veterans in need. The 12 apartments feature 23 total beds.

Transitional Housing for Homeless Veterans at Mather 

Mather Community Campus's Transitional Housing for Homeless Veterans program is a 1-year program to assist Veterans in increasing their income and moving into permanent housing.

Services provided included:

  • Housing and Meals
  • Case Management
  • Job Search and Life Skills Training
  • Pre-Employment Training and Vocational Training